Welcome to Simon Jordan – Pianist privacy notice.
Simon Jordan – Pianist respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how I look after your personal data when you visit the website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
1. Important information and who I am
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Simon Jordan – Pianist collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you request a quote or take part in a competition.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Simon Jordan is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Simon Jordan”, “me”, “I” or “my” in this privacy notice).
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues www.ico.org.uk. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
This version was last updated on 23rd May 2018.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep me informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with me.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave my website, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. The data I collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
I may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from me for your wedding or booking.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use my website and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving any marketing material from me and your communication preferences.
I do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do I collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
3. How is your personal data collected?
I use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with me by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- request a quote;
- accept a quote;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- leave a review; or
- give some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with the website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- (a) analytics providers such as Google and Adobe based inside the EU;
- (b) advertising networks [such as Google or Facebook based inside the EU; and
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services
- Technical Data from the following parties:
3. How we use your personal data
I will only use your personal data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where I need to perform the contract I am about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where I need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
I have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways I plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases I rely on to do so. We have also identified what my legitimate interests are where appropriate.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your order including:|
|To manage our relationship with you which will include:|
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey|
|To administer and protect my business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)|
I strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. I have established the following personal data control mechanisms:
4. Data security
I have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where I am legally required to do so.
5. Data retention
How long will you use my personal data for?
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, I consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask me to delete your data: contact me for further information.
16 Friars Gardens, Hughenden Valley, High Wycombe, Bucks HP14 4LT